Student Housing

Save up to 30% on your business insurance

"Secure your tenants' future, insure student housing with us!"

Protecting your student housing investment is our priority at Coverage Cowboy. We understand the unique needs that come with student housing properties and provide tailored insurance packages to suit those needs.

Whether you’re dealing with property damage, liability, or other risks associated with student housing, we’ve got you covered. Trust Coverage Cowboy to keep your student housing property safe and secure with the right insurance policy.
  • General Liability
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Commercial Property

We’ll help you get the insurance coverage you need for your business.

See the different policies available for Student Housing businesses and save up to 10% when you bundle!


General Liability

Bought by 95% of business owners like you

General liability insurance is like the protective shield for a student housing business. Imagine a student trips on a loose stair and gets hurt in your property; this could lead to expensive legal issues. But with general liability insurance, your business is covered, helping you handle such unexpected costs and keeping your student housing running smoothly.

General Liability can help you pay for:

Medical payments

Property damage

Legal fees and judgments

Commercial Auto

Commercial auto insurance is crucial for student housing businesses, especially if they provide shuttle services for their residents. For instance, if a shuttle bus transporting students from their apartment to campus is involved in an accident, commercial auto insurance can cover the repair costs and potential medical bills. This insurance makes sure the business doesn’t bear these unexpected costs, keeping the shuttle service – and the students’ lives – moving smoothly.

Commercial Auto can help you pay for:

Medical expenses

Collision repairs

Rental reimbursement

Workers' Compensation

Student housing often requires a team of employees to maintain the premises, from cleaning staff to security personnel. Workers’ compensation insurance is crucial for this business type as it provides coverage if an employee gets injured while performing their job, like slipping on a wet floor while cleaning. This insurance ensures the business isn’t financially burdened by such incidents and the employees get the necessary medical help without any hassles.

Workers' Compensation can help you pay for:

Medical expenses

Lost wages

Employer liability

Commercial Property

For business owners that own or rent physical spaces

Commercial property insurance is a must-have for those in the student housing business. Let’s imagine a scenario where a fire breaks out in one of your student apartments. This insurance would cover the costs to repair the damage, ensuring your business can bounce back quickly without a significant financial burden.

Commercial Property can help you pay for:

Damaged equipment and inventory

Lost income

Operating expenses

Frequently Asked Questions about Student Housing business insurance

How does business insurance protect student housing?

Business insurance for student housing provides a safety net against potential risks and liabilities. It can cover property damage, liability claims, and loss of income. For instance, if a student accidentally damages a part of the property, your insurance can cover the repair costs. Similarly, if a student gets injured within the property and you’re found liable, the policy can cover legal fees and medical expenses. Additionally, if a covered peril forces you to temporarily close down, business interruption coverage can help compensate for the lost income. Remember, every policy is different, so be sure to understand your coverage details. Our team at Coverage Cowboy is here to guide you through the process!

What do I need to get an insurance quote?

To get an insurance quote for student housing, you’ll need to provide a few key details about your property:

  • Location and size of the property
  • Number of units and occupants
  • Property’s age and condition
  • Type of security measures in place
  • Any past insurance claims

Once you have this information, you’re ready to request a quote. Coverage Cowboy is here to help you find the right insurance for your student housing property at a competitive rate.

Can I add an additional insured to my business insurance coverage?
Absolutely! It’s easy to add an additional insured to your business insurance policy to provide protection for a specific project or to meet a contractual requirement.

At Coverage Cowboy, we understand the importance of having the right coverage for your business, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. We’re happy to inform you that we offer the option to add additional insureds to your policy.

This is done to give peace of mind knowing that all parties involved in your project or contract are covered in the event of any unexpected losses or liabilities. It’s a simple process, and one of our insurance experts will be happy to guide you through it.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us, we’d be more than happy to help you add an additional insured to your business insurance policy today!
How can I get a Certificate Of Insurance (COI)?
Once you sign up and purchase your business insurance, you will instantly have digital access to your COI via mobile or PC.


Want to chat?

We're here to help

Our live and friendly U.S.-based insurance experts are standing by to help you with all your insurance needs.

Our live and friendly U.S.-based insurance experts are standing by to help you with all your insurance needs.