Habitational Building

Save up to 30% on your business insurance

Shield your building, because home is where your coverage is!

Protect your habitational building investment with the right insurance coverage from Coverage Cowboy. We understand the unique risks associated with owning and managing residential properties, and offer tailored insurance solutions to meet your needs.

Whether you’re dealing with property damage, liability issues or loss of rental income, we have the expertise to ensure your habitational building is well-protected. Let Coverage Cowboy help you secure the right insurance policy for your business.
  • General Liability
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Commercial Auto
  • Commercial Property

Check out more professions covered by Coverage Cowboy

We’ll help you get the insurance coverage you need for your business.

See the different policies available for Habitational Building businesses and save up to 10% when you bundle!


General Liability

Bought by 95% of business owners like you

If you own an apartment building, general liability insurance is a must-have. This coverage acts like a safety net, protecting you from unexpected costs like if a visitor trips over a broken step and gets injured. For example, if a tenant’s guest falls and breaks their arm because of a loose railing, your general liability insurance could help cover their medical expenses and legal fees, if any.

General Liability can help you pay for:

Medical payments

Property damage

Legal fees and judgments

Commercial Auto

Owning a habitational building, like an apartment complex, means you might have maintenance staff or property managers who use vehicles for work purposes. This is where commercial auto insurance steps in, covering any damages if one of your employees has an accident while driving a company vehicle. For instance, if your property manager is driving to a hardware store to pick up supplies for a repair and gets into a fender bender, commercial auto insurance can help cover the costs.

Commercial Auto can help you pay for:

Medical expenses

Collision repairs

Rental reimbursement

Workers' Compensation

If you own a habitational building, like an apartment complex, workers’ compensation insurance is essential. This type of insurance helps cover medical costs if a maintenance worker, for example, gets injured while fixing a leaky pipe or replacing a broken window in one of your units. It’s like a safety net, ensuring you don’t have to pay out of pocket for accidents on your property and safeguarding your employees’ well-being.

Workers' Compensation can help you pay for:

Medical expenses

Lost wages

Employer liability

Commercial Property

For business owners that own or rent physical spaces

If you own a habitation building, like an apartment complex, commercial property insurance is crucial. This kind of insurance helps you bounce back quickly if something unexpected happens, like a fire, by covering the cost to repair or rebuild. For instance, if a sudden electrical fault causes a fire in one of your units, commercial property insurance can help cover the repair costs so you won’t have to dip into your savings.

Commercial Property can help you pay for:

Damaged equipment and inventory

Lost income

Operating expenses

Frequently Asked Questions about Habitational Building business insurance

How does business insurance protect habitational buildings?

Business insurance offers habitational buildings a robust layer of protection. It covers a wide array of risks, including property damage from fires, storms, or vandalism, and liability claims from injuries or damages occurring on the property. Additionally, it can cover loss of income if a covered event forces the building to close for repairs. At Coverage Cowboy, we understand the importance of safeguarding your investment and offer customizable insurance solutions tailored to your needs.

What do I need to get an insurance quote?

To obtain an insurance quote for a habitational building, you’ll need to prepare some essential information:

  • The building’s address and square footage
  • Number of units in the building
  • Construction details, such as the building materials used and the year built
  • Current value of the building
  • Existing safety features (e.g. fire alarms, sprinkler systems)
  • Any claims history

With these details in hand, you’re ready to get a personalized insurance quote for your habitational building. At Coverage Cowboy, we’re committed to helping you find the best insurance solutions.

Can I add an additional insured to my business insurance coverage?
Absolutely! It’s easy to add an additional insured to your business insurance policy to provide protection for a specific project or to meet a contractual requirement.

At Coverage Cowboy, we understand the importance of having the right coverage for your business, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. We’re happy to inform you that we offer the option to add additional insureds to your policy.

This is done to give peace of mind knowing that all parties involved in your project or contract are covered in the event of any unexpected losses or liabilities. It’s a simple process, and one of our insurance experts will be happy to guide you through it.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us, we’d be more than happy to help you add an additional insured to your business insurance policy today!
How can I get a Certificate Of Insurance (COI)?
Once you sign up and purchase your business insurance, you will instantly have digital access to your COI via mobile or PC.


Want to chat?

We're here to help

Our live and friendly U.S.-based insurance experts are standing by to help you with all your insurance needs.

Our live and friendly U.S.-based insurance experts are standing by to help you with all your insurance needs.