Mixed Use Building

Save up to 30% on your business insurance

"Blend with Confidence: Your Mixed-Use Building's Perfect Coverage Match!"

Insurance coverage for mixed-use buildings can be complex, but at Coverage Cowboy, we make it simple. We offer insurance policies that are specifically designed to protect your property, whether it’s a combination of residential, commercial or retail spaces.

Our insurance experts understand the unique risks associated with mixed-use buildings. They’ll work closely with you to design a coverage plan that aligns with your specific needs, ensuring you’re protected from all possible scenarios.
  • General Liability
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Commercial Auto
  • Commercial Property

We’ll help you get the insurance coverage you need for your business.

See the different policies available for Mixed Use Building businesses and save up to 10% when you bundle!


General Liability

Bought by 95% of business owners like you

General liability insurance is a must-have for a mixed-use building, which often houses both businesses and residential units. Let’s say a customer visiting a coffee shop on the ground floor slips and falls, breaking their arm – your general liability insurance can help cover medical costs and any legal fees if they decide to sue. This coverage keeps your business secure, letting you focus on providing a safe, thriving environment for both your commercial and residential tenants.

General Liability can help you pay for:

Medical payments

Property damage

Legal fees and judgments

Commercial Auto

Imagine you own a mixed-use building, where people both live and work, and commercial auto insurance becomes a critical need. Suppose one day, a tenant who runs a bakery in your building is delivering cakes using their car, but unfortunately, they have an accident. Commercial auto insurance would cover the damage costs, ensuring your tenant’s business continues smoothly and your building’s reputation remains intact.

Commercial Auto can help you pay for:

Medical expenses

Collision repairs

Rental reimbursement

Workers' Compensation

If you own a mixed-use building, workers’ compensation insurance is crucial. Imagine, one of your employees at the ground-floor coffee shop slips and breaks a leg; without workers’ comp, you might be footing the bill. But with this insurance, you’re covered for medical expenses, protecting both your business and the wellbeing of your team.

Workers' Compensation can help you pay for:

Medical expenses

Lost wages

Employer liability

Commercial Property

For business owners that own or rent physical spaces

Just imagine, your mixed-use building is the lifeblood of your business, housing both your retail spaces and residential units. Commercial property insurance is like a superhero, stepping in to save the day when unexpected damage like a fire or a natural disaster strikes. For example, if a severe storm rips off the roof of your shop, your policy could help cover the cost of repairs, keeping you, your tenants, and your business safe and sound.

Commercial Property can help you pay for:

Damaged equipment and inventory

Lost income

Operating expenses

Frequently Asked Questions about Mixed Use Building business insurance

How does business insurance protect mixed-use buildings?

Business insurance offers holistic protection for mixed-use buildings, which typically combine residential, commercial, and sometimes industrial spaces. Here’s how:

  • Commercial Property Insurance: This covers damages to the building and its contents due to fire, theft, and certain natural disasters.
  • Liability Insurance: Protects against claims if someone gets injured on your property.
  • Loss of Income Insurance: This coverage helps if your property becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss, causing you to lose rental income.

With Coverage Cowboy, you can customize your mixed-use building insurance to match your specific needs and risks.

What do I need to get an insurance quote?

To get an insurance quote for your mixed-use building, you’ll need to provide some basic information:

  • The address and square footage of the building
  • The number of residential and commercial units
  • Construction details (material, year of construction, roof type)
  • Current valuation of the building
  • Existing safety features (fire alarms, sprinkler systems)
  • History of claims, if any

Once you have this information ready, you can contact us for a customized insurance quote. We’re here to help protect your investment with the right coverage!

Can I add an additional insured to my business insurance coverage?
Absolutely! It’s easy to add an additional insured to your business insurance policy to provide protection for a specific project or to meet a contractual requirement.

At Coverage Cowboy, we understand the importance of having the right coverage for your business, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. We’re happy to inform you that we offer the option to add additional insureds to your policy.

This is done to give peace of mind knowing that all parties involved in your project or contract are covered in the event of any unexpected losses or liabilities. It’s a simple process, and one of our insurance experts will be happy to guide you through it.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us, we’d be more than happy to help you add an additional insured to your business insurance policy today!
How can I get a Certificate Of Insurance (COI)?
Once you sign up and purchase your business insurance, you will instantly have digital access to your COI via mobile or PC.


Want to chat?

We're here to help

Our live and friendly U.S.-based insurance experts are standing by to help you with all your insurance needs.

Our live and friendly U.S.-based insurance experts are standing by to help you with all your insurance needs.